I took the goodreads challenge this year and aimed at 26 books. I aimed higher last year and failed and wanted to have a reachable goal.
It’s currently begin of september and I got the notification that I had completed it: https://www.goodreads.com/user_challenges/2424656
While reading 26 books in itself is not much of a challenge, it allows me to draw some conclusions:
- Only one book is in my mother tongue (French), I’ve definitely switched to reading mostly in English
- Most of what I read are big series, I like sticking to an author or to a set of characters.
- I read a lot of crap, mostly teenager heroic fantasy and I’m mostly not ashamed
- There is no learning book: I should weave some “skills learning” books into my rotation
- Looks like I’ll be in the 35 range for the year if it continues like that
- Display of the challenge overview is not sorted (or at least not by author, reading timeline or title) and pisses me off